DIB welcomes first Masrafi batch
Dubai, April 14, 2013
Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB) has welcomed the first batch of Masrafi participants, following its recent agreement with the Emirates Institute for Banking and Financial Studies (EIBFS).
The Masrafi initiative was developed by EIBFS in partnership with The National Human Resource Development and Employment Authority (Tanmia) to support new Emirati graduates in building careers in the UAE banking industry.
The participants, comprising 15 female UAE nationals, will begin two months of rigorous theoretical training at DIB’s Learning and Development Centre followed by four months of on-job training at its branches across the UAE.
Alongside its own Emiratisation programmes, DIB has committed to recruit and train 60 UAE Nationals through the Masrafi initiative. The bank will also work with EIBFS to host regular open days for job seekers interested in a career in financial services.
“DIB is a proud supporter of the Masrafi initiative and I would like to thank Tanmia and EIBFS for this partnership. Through the Emirati programme training schemes, we aim to nurture and prepare the future leaders of the financial services industry,” said Obaid Al Shamsi, chief of human resources, Dubai Islamic Bank. “For four decades, DIB has made Emiratisation a priority at all levels of the bank, and we are delighted to welcome this group of ambitious young women as they begin their careers in the UAE Islamic banking industry.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- DFM trading hit by technical fault
- GCC firms seek Egypt investment guarantee
- Qatar c.bank plans $1.1bn in bonds, sukuk
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry