Dewa launches $1bn 5-year sukuk
Dubai, February 28, 2013
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa) launched a $1 billion Islamic bond, or sukuk, at a profit rate of 3 percent on Thursday, arranging banks said in a statement.
The launch price was at the lower end of guidance released earlier in the day, indicating strong investor appetite for the deal.
Standard Chartered, Citigroup, RBS and local lenders Emirates NBD, Dubai Islamic Bank and Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank are mandated joint bookrunners on the deal. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey
- UAE’s non-oil job, output levels surge