Dewa launches $1bn 5-year sukuk
Dubai, February 28, 2013
Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa) launched a $1 billion Islamic bond, or sukuk, at a profit rate of 3 percent on Thursday, arranging banks said in a statement.
The launch price was at the lower end of guidance released earlier in the day, indicating strong investor appetite for the deal.
Standard Chartered, Citigroup, RBS and local lenders Emirates NBD, Dubai Islamic Bank and Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank are mandated joint bookrunners on the deal. - Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- More support for Islamic banking urged
- Bahrain to set new takaful rules by year-end
- Oman fiscal surplus widens to $1.4bn
- Al khaliji opens new branch in Doha
- Bayzat launches online DBR calculator
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head