StanChart appoints new M&A head for Mena
Dubai, February 20, 2013
Standard Chartered has announced the appointment of Tom Emmet as head of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) for the Middle East and North Africa region.
Emmet recently assumed his role, replacing Apoorva Shah who decided to leave the bank to pursue other career opportunities, a statement from the bank said.
He will be based at the bank’s regional headquarters in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) and report to Andrew Suckling, global head of M&A; and Daniel Azzi, regional head of global markets & co-head wholesale banking, Mena and Pakistan.
Emmet joins Standard Chartered from the Royal Bank of Scotland where he was head of corporate finance and equity capital markets (ECM) for Middle East and Africa. Prior to that, he was a long term member of ABN Amro’s EMEA investment banking team.
“Emmet’s strong M&A advisory knowledge and on-the-ground experience in the region will be invaluable in building on our existing M&A team’s deal track record,” Suckling said. “The Middle East is one of Standard Chartered’s strategic markets and we continue to work closely with our clients to support their increasing M&A ambitions.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Oman 'must consider fiscal reforms as priority'
- Qatar Exchange to start trading govt bonds
- NBK opens new branch in UAE
- Dubai utility repays $871m Islamic bond
- Investcorp buys stake in Saudi energy firm
- Tunisia to spend over $1bn to recapitalise banks
- UAE revives proposal to merge stock exchanges
- Saudi non oil exports hit $4.74bn in April
- Global Takaful market to hit $20bn
- NBAD launches new Dubai branch