StanChart appoints new M&A head for Mena
Dubai, February 20, 2013
Standard Chartered has announced the appointment of Tom Emmet as head of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) for the Middle East and North Africa region.
Emmet recently assumed his role, replacing Apoorva Shah who decided to leave the bank to pursue other career opportunities, a statement from the bank said.
He will be based at the bank’s regional headquarters in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) and report to Andrew Suckling, global head of M&A; and Daniel Azzi, regional head of global markets & co-head wholesale banking, Mena and Pakistan.
Emmet joins Standard Chartered from the Royal Bank of Scotland where he was head of corporate finance and equity capital markets (ECM) for Middle East and Africa. Prior to that, he was a long term member of ABN Amro’s EMEA investment banking team.
“Emmet’s strong M&A advisory knowledge and on-the-ground experience in the region will be invaluable in building on our existing M&A team’s deal track record,” Suckling said. “The Middle East is one of Standard Chartered’s strategic markets and we continue to work closely with our clients to support their increasing M&A ambitions.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals
- Al Salam launches Asian real estate fund