StanChart appoints new M&A head for Mena
Dubai, February 20, 2013
Standard Chartered has announced the appointment of Tom Emmet as head of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) for the Middle East and North Africa region.
Emmet recently assumed his role, replacing Apoorva Shah who decided to leave the bank to pursue other career opportunities, a statement from the bank said.
He will be based at the bank’s regional headquarters in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) and report to Andrew Suckling, global head of M&A; and Daniel Azzi, regional head of global markets & co-head wholesale banking, Mena and Pakistan.
Emmet joins Standard Chartered from the Royal Bank of Scotland where he was head of corporate finance and equity capital markets (ECM) for Middle East and Africa. Prior to that, he was a long term member of ABN Amro’s EMEA investment banking team.
“Emmet’s strong M&A advisory knowledge and on-the-ground experience in the region will be invaluable in building on our existing M&A team’s deal track record,” Suckling said. “The Middle East is one of Standard Chartered’s strategic markets and we continue to work closely with our clients to support their increasing M&A ambitions.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey
- United Arab Bank backs UAE-Turkey business
- Islamic finance 'facing integration challenge'
- Bahrain tops in developed Islamic finance sector
- DME sets new trading records