Shaikha Haya bint Rashid Al Khalifa, Ebrahim Zainal
Shaikha Haya named head of ICC Bahrain
Manama, December 31, 2012
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Bahrain named Shaikha Haya bint Rashid Al Khalifa as its new chair at its first meeting of its fourth session for the four-year term, which ends in 2015.
The ICC with headquarters in Paris, is a UN recognised non-governmental organisation that takes part as observer in various international dialogues and organises top conferences and seminars dealing with business topics, besides its highly dependable Court of Commercial Arbitration
Ebrahim Zainal, who relinquished his position as chairman, and other board members thanked Shaikha Haya for accepting this position, upon the unanimous insistence of the board, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Zainal said ICC Bahrain is set to benefit more from in-depth and long-term experience of Shaikha Haya with ICC Paris and ICC Bahrain.
Shaikha Haya, the chair of the lawyers committee, represented Bahrain for many years at the International Court of Arbitration at ICC Paris.
The board praised the key role of Zainal in founding ICC Bahrain in 1999 and developing it since then.
Zainal, who will continue as adviser to the board, has ensured his continued support to ICC Bahrain in further building on its achievements.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Emirates NBD seals Dubai tower deal
- Dar Al Arkan raises $450m from sukuk sale
- Barclays advises on equities over bonds
- World Bank boosts funds for Syria refugees
- Doha Bank sets $1.5bn to fund Emirati SMEs
- Gold gains on China demand
- HSBC to launch insurance products in UAE
- Bahrain to host key Arab exchange talks
- QNB to start India operations
- Gulf must consider flexible exchange rate: banker