Shaikha Haya bint Rashid Al Khalifa, Ebrahim Zainal
Shaikha Haya named head of ICC Bahrain
Manama, December 31, 2012
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Bahrain named Shaikha Haya bint Rashid Al Khalifa as its new chair at its first meeting of its fourth session for the four-year term, which ends in 2015.
The ICC with headquarters in Paris, is a UN recognised non-governmental organisation that takes part as observer in various international dialogues and organises top conferences and seminars dealing with business topics, besides its highly dependable Court of Commercial Arbitration
Ebrahim Zainal, who relinquished his position as chairman, and other board members thanked Shaikha Haya for accepting this position, upon the unanimous insistence of the board, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Zainal said ICC Bahrain is set to benefit more from in-depth and long-term experience of Shaikha Haya with ICC Paris and ICC Bahrain.
Shaikha Haya, the chair of the lawyers committee, represented Bahrain for many years at the International Court of Arbitration at ICC Paris.
The board praised the key role of Zainal in founding ICC Bahrain in 1999 and developing it since then.
Zainal, who will continue as adviser to the board, has ensured his continued support to ICC Bahrain in further building on its achievements.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Mena inbound M&A value triples to $3.9bn
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Egypt urban inflation hits 4-year high in Nov
- Adib honoured for SME support services
- Saudi rallies ahead of 2014 budget speech
- Qatari oil, gas to have limited impact on GDP growth
- Xerox Emirates, Asseco offer banking solutions
- Omani bank rolls out home finance products
- NBAD steps up hiring ahead of Expo boom
- Acuma names new UAE head