Shaikha Haya bint Rashid Al Khalifa, Ebrahim Zainal
Shaikha Haya named head of ICC Bahrain
Manama, December 31, 2012
The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Bahrain named Shaikha Haya bint Rashid Al Khalifa as its new chair at its first meeting of its fourth session for the four-year term, which ends in 2015.
The ICC with headquarters in Paris, is a UN recognised non-governmental organisation that takes part as observer in various international dialogues and organises top conferences and seminars dealing with business topics, besides its highly dependable Court of Commercial Arbitration
Ebrahim Zainal, who relinquished his position as chairman, and other board members thanked Shaikha Haya for accepting this position, upon the unanimous insistence of the board, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Zainal said ICC Bahrain is set to benefit more from in-depth and long-term experience of Shaikha Haya with ICC Paris and ICC Bahrain.
Shaikha Haya, the chair of the lawyers committee, represented Bahrain for many years at the International Court of Arbitration at ICC Paris.
The board praised the key role of Zainal in founding ICC Bahrain in 1999 and developing it since then.
Zainal, who will continue as adviser to the board, has ensured his continued support to ICC Bahrain in further building on its achievements.-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013