Bain & Company appoints new partner
Dubai, December 13, 2012
Bain & Company, a global business consulting firm, has appointed Dr Yasar F Jarrar to its partner team.
Jarrar, who also serves as a member of the World Economic Forum’s Council on the Future of Government (Global Agenda Councils), joins Bain with more than two decades of specialised practice, research and international teaching experience in strategy, innovation and performance management. His new role was announced by Luc Luyten, managing partner of Bain’s Middle East business operations, a statement from the company said.
“Bain & Company continues to reinforce our team with dynamic, results-driven and widely experienced experts, whose strategic contributions will further strengthen the company’s reputation as the leading business consulting firm in the Middle East,” said Luyten. “Yasar brings a wealth of knowledge and fresh ideas in strategy, innovation and performance management through his extensive professional experience.”
Dr Jarrar has extensive experience working with government institutions in the Middle East, having served as strategy advisor to the director general at The Executive Office of Dubai, director of the government performance directorate in the Prime Ministry of Jordan, and head of policy and strategy in the executive council of the Dubai Government.
He also previously advised organisations in the UK on strategy and performance across a number of industries, including consumer products, financial services and transportation, the statement said.
Additionally, he was distinguished as a young global leader by the World Economic Forum in 2009 and founded the forum’s Global Shapers Hub in Dubai. He is also a fellow at the Cranfield School of Management, UK, a senior advisor of the Harvard International Negotiation Initiative at Harvard University, adjunct professor at Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, NUS, Singapore, and research fellow at the Dubai School of Government.
“Bain & Company has established an exceptional reputation in the Middle East as the consulting firm of choice among the region’s leading business leaders,” said Dr Jarrar. “It is a great privilege to be part of the team and work alongside Bain & Company’s widely acclaimed consultants, as we help solve our client’s most complex business issues in the Middle East.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook
- GCC urged to set up onshore financial centres
- Consolidation push paying off for Bahrain banks
- Mubadala to focus more on US, Europe
- Six banks join plan for shared customer data register
- UAE economy grows 4pc in 2013
- Egypt foreign reserves up to $17.3bn
- StanChart opens second branch in Iraq
- Oil below $90 to hit GCC economies
- Payfort offers zero deposit scheme to SMEs
- In a first, NCB Capital names female CEO
- Du enters $1.17 billion financing deals