KFH-Bahrain deploys key Islamic banking solution
Manama, November 27, 2012
Kuwait Finance House – Bahrain (KFH) signed an agreement with International Turnkey Systems (ITS) Group to deploy the latter’s Ethix Core Solution for Islamic banking which will provide new IT solutions to the bank’s financial services.
Abdulhakeem Alkhayyat, managing director and CEO of Kuwait Finance House-Bahrain, said: "ITS will support the optimization of our core banking systems and make it more efficient and cost-effective. This will enhance our services and will allow us to provide more distinctive and versatile solutions that meet market demands.”
“The main objective of this project is to centralize all our systems which will assist us to better serve our internal and external processes and provide more efficient service solutions.
"ITS is one of the leading Islamic banking solution providers in the world. This project will migrate all our products to the Ethix Core Solution and will not only provide added value to our clients, but will also assist the Bank to achieve further growth in the market,” Alkhayyat added.
“The importance of this deal stems from the fact that ITS has a solid Islamic banking solution that does not only encompass a wide array of business features but is also technologically capable of addressing the needs of financial institutions in the Middle East,” said Khaled Faraj Al Saeed, managing director and general manager of ITS Group.
“We are glad that Ethix is an integral part of the strategic plans of our customers to gain a higher market share and provide better services to their customers. KFH-Bahrain’s selection of ITS solutions underlines the bank’s confidence in the quality level of ITS products and services.
“We are proud that ITS solutions and services are a key part of the growth strategy of one of the leading Islamic banks operating in the region,” he added.
The Ethix Core Solution for Islamic banking is a suite of technologies that offer a wide array of revenue-generating products and services including automated branch management, Internet banking, treasury services, Islamic investments management and documentary credits among others. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook