Global wins approval for debt restructuring
Kuwait, November 26, 2012
Kuwait's Global Investment House has received the backing of "an overwhelming majority" of creditors for its debt restructuring plan, the company said in a statement on Monday.
The restructuring, its second in three years, was approved by creditors representing 96.7 per cent by value and 90.9 per cent by number at a meeting in Dubai earlier on Monday, a company filing to the London Stock Exchange said.
A court hearing has been scheduled for December 3 to grant final legal approval to the restructuring plan, it added, and the agreement will take effect on that date or soon after if the court assents.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- Dubai bourse tops 3,000 for first time in 5 years
- Bahrain mulls solvency rules for Takaful industry
- LuLu Exchange opens 3rd branch in Bahrain
- Saudi economic growth picks up in Q3
- GIH picks ex-Barclays banker as investment head
- Jeddah Economic Company names new CEO
- Saudi real GDP growth surges to 3.1pc in Q3
- UAE business activity growth hits record high
- Global Islamic banking assets ‘set to top $1.7trn’
- Egypt back in business, says new survey