Ex-CEO of Bank Alkair ordered to pay fine
Manama, November 19, 2012
The former CEO and another employee of Bank Alkhair have been ordered to pay fines totaling $1.7 million by the Bahrain Chamber of Dispute Resolution (BCDR), the bank said.
In the verdict, issued yesterday (November 18), BCDR ordered Falah Nasser Hamad Al-Falah, a former employee of the bank, and its former chief executive, Majid Al-Refai to jointly and severally pay the bank approximately $1.7 million for misappropriation of bank funds and unauthorized activity during Al-Refai’s tenure as the chief executive officer of the bank, said a bank statement.
It said this is the fifth ruling to date issued against the former CEO by Bahrain’s courts and BCDR. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- AAIB unit starts crisis assistance travel service
- Abu Dhabi may need to lower industry growth target
- Kuwait credit hits 5-year high; tops $1.3bn
- UAE stocks rally, Abu Dhabi tops 4,000 mark
- Abraaj completes 15 exits in 2013
- Barwa gets top HSE certifications
- Egypt's forex reserves dip to $17.8bn in Nov
- Experts put spotlight on Mena tax issues
- BMI, Muharraq SC launch co-branded credit card
- NBAD partners with top business school