AXA Insurance Gulf to invest $60m in Mideast
Dubai, October 18, 2012
AXA Insurance Gulf, a leading non-life international insurer in the region, will invest $60 million as part of its expansion plans in the Middle East.
Speaking on the occasion of the inauguration of the company’s new offices for the UAE and regional operations at the Business Bay development in Dubai, Jérôme Droesch, CEO of AXA Insurance Gulf, said: “This office will play a pivotal role in our future plans, where we are looking at a whopping $60 million investment over the next three years.”
The opening of the Business Bay office comes amidst an impressive growth period for AXA Insurance Gulf, which recorded a 25 per cent growth in premium in the first six months of 2012, a statement said.
The company is on an aggressive expansion plan with total employee strength likely to touch 800 across the GCC by the end of 2012. A total of 132 new employees will be recruited this year, including 54 GCC nationals, it said.
The company also announced its plans to have 22 branches by the end of 2012, to further build on its market leadership across the Middle East.
“We have grown from strength to strength every year, emerging stronger and more determined. In few years, AXA Gulf has grown from a small team of 150 employees to over 800 employees across the GCC, servicing in excess of 500,000 clients,” said Droesch.
The office, located at Level 39 & 40, Churchill Executive Tower in Business Bay, is AXA Gulf’s fifth branch in the UAE. The office will have an employee strength of 150 where the entire range of AXA’s commercial lines will be served there except for the personal lines that will be still handled at the Wafi branch, said a statement.
The office was inaugurated by Alain Azouaou, the Ambassador of France to the UAE, and Mishal Kanoo, deputy chairman of the Kanoo Group, dignitaries and officials from AXA Insurance Gulf.
Droesch said: “Our success is mainly attributed to our efforts to delight our customers by surpassing expectations. We value our customers and their needs, and ensure that they receive timely advice, assistance and care that they deserve – and we are confident that the new office, with its prime location and broad range of commercial portfolio across sectors, will effectively cater to all insurance needs, be it individual, commercial or SMEs.”
The opening of the new office also coincided with AXA Insurance Gulf completing two decades of excellence in Dubai and over 60 years in the GCC. – TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit
- ETF global assets hit record $2.44 trillion
- Bahrain firms plan IPOs
- Serbia wins $1bn Abu Dhabi loan
- Key equity banker resigns from Saudi Fransi
- DMCC to boost Islamic commodity trade with tie-ups
- IDB, KIA units to invest in Morocco
- First Gulf to set up $1bn sukuk in Malaysia
- Singapore’s UOB Bullion and Futures joins DGCX
- Infrastructure investment ‘key to growth’
- BKIC declares 30pc dividend
- StanChart profit falls 16pc in 2013
- Veteran Saudi banker to head AMF
- Dubai World prepays $284m to creditors
- EFG-Hermes sells Damas stake to Mannai
- Ultra rich number to grow 35pc in Mideast
- Saudi IPO market 'set for big year'
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Bahrain Bourse wins key UK award
- Alba backs Euromoney forum
- URC bond rating upgraded to stable outlook