Sharjah school teacher becomes millionaire
Dubai, March 26, 2012
A Sharjah-based Indian school teacher, Rahil Behlim, walked away with the Dh1 million ($27,224) grand prize in the monthly Kunooz savings account draw conducted by Dubai Bank.
Announcing the March winner, Saeed Bin Mejren, the acting head of branches, Dubai Bank said Behlim won the grand prize just four months after she opening her Kunooz savings account.
Under the promotion, each multiple of Dh1,000 deposited in the Kunooz qualifies the customer for multiple entries into the draw for daily cash prizes of Dh30,000, said Bin Mejren.
For every multiple of Dh5,000 deposited, account holders become entitled for entry into the monthly grand prize draw of Dh1 million. The programme also offers participants the possibility to win more than once, he explained.
Behlim, who teaches at The Millennium School in Sharjah, said she first came to know of Kunooz from a newspaper article about a previous winner.
Attracted by the potential to maximise returns on her savings in a Sharia compliant manner, in November 2011, she opened a Kunooz Account and won the grand prize almost instantly.
Married with two children, she says she owes her good fortune to the blessings of her parents, Mohammed Sadique and Jameela.
“I owe everything to my parents and, like them, I put the needs of my children above my own. I plan to investmy good fortune in the future of my two boys, Mohammed Ayman and Mohammed Amaan, and will use the money to pay for their education,” said an excited Behlim.
Although Behlim is a million dirhams richer, she has no intention of leaving the teaching profession anytime soon. “I love working every day with children and would not give up teaching for anything in the world.”
Commenting on the win, Bin Mejren said every month, the Kunooz grand prize brings enormous good fortune to a lucky UAE resident and their loved ones.
'We are delighted this blessing will be able to help Behlim with the education of her two young boys, he added-TradeArabia News Service
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- NBAD approves 40pc cash dividends
- NBAD sees 8-10pc loan growth
- Al Basel Group launches investment arm
- Union Insurance posts $18m profit
- Oman warns banks on conflicts of interest
- Japan to lend Tunisia $480m
- 400 to join anti-laundering seminar in Riyadh
- Lebanese insurer to head Prague Club
- UAE's first REIT plans $135m IPO
- Bahrain banking industry outlook 'positive'
- New India Assurance opens Bahrain branch
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Kuwait budget spending up 8pc in April-Jan
- Thomson Reuters to host Mena IFR awards
- ADIB offers smartphone industry investment
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- KFH completes ICT project upgrade
- Egypt urban annual inflation slows to 9.8pc
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Bahrain’s GDP set to expand 12pc
- KFH-Bahrain rebrands priority banking
- Bank Nizwa wins top Islamic bank award
- Qatar labour costs may jump: IMF
- Kuwait Q3 trade surplus hits $23bn
- Dubai trade growth up 7.6pc to $362bn
- Deloitte appoints new managing director
- Al Ramz tops UAE trading in Feb
- IFC in $150m loan deal with Bank Audi
- SME funding focus for Abu Dhabi forum
- Insurance House posts second year of profit