Al Rajhi Bank opens 2 branches in Jordan
Riyadh, March 22, 2011
Al Rajhi Bank, Saudi Arabia's biggest Islamic bank, has opened two branches in Jordan and is planning to open more, it said on Tuesday, as part of its regional expansion plan.
'The Jordanian market is the third market in which the bank offers its services and products after Malaysia and Kuwait ... and God willing will have a positive impact on the bank's profits in the future,' it said in a statement.
The Islamic lender said last year it would have five branches in Jordan within one year and expected Jordan to become Al Rajhi's second biggest foreign market, after Malaysia, by the end of the first quarter of 2011.-Reuters
More Finance & Capital Market Stories
- EMP expands Iraq card operations
- Dubai ICD planning to boost $2bn loan
- CEO-elect of fraud-hit Rakbank quits
- Saudi foreign assets hit record $668.2bn
- Major trade success for BBK Brokerage
- NBAD raises convertible bond issue to $465m
- Mashreq to enhance mobile banking app
- NBK Capital exits Turkey hospital chain
- Abu Dhabi holding firm Senaat plans share sale
- Iraq Trade Bank to expand into Lebanon, Turkey