Industry, Logistics & Shipping

Ariston Middle East highlights sustainable solutions in UAE

Ariston Middle East emphasised its pivotal role in bolstering the UAE's sustainability endeavours through pioneering and eco-conscious water heating technologies on the occasion of World Earth Day 2024 on April 22. 
This year heralds a momentous leap in the UAE’s journey towards environmental preservation, bolstered by governmental directives advocating clean energy and diminished carbon footprints. 
Alberto Torner, Head of Ariston Group in the Middle East, Turkey and Caucasus, said: “As a global company with significant presence in the UAE and GCC, we are proud of our positioning as the ‘home of sustainable comfort’ and happy to join in the remarkable strides the UAE has taken in encouraging sustainability. We extend our heartfelt appreciation to our patrons who opt for our energy-efficient solutions, aligning seamlessly with our steadfast commitment to sustainability.”
Renewable and high-efficiency technologies
Ariston Middle East, a division of the 94-year-old Ariston Group, extends a diverse portfolio of water heating solutions encompassing electric water heaters, solar systems, heat pump solutions, and gas boilers throughout the UAE. Over the last two decades, the company has spearheaded the adoption of renewable and high-efficiency technologies such as solar panels and heat pumps that have been embraced by numerous local ventures.
Golf Link Villas, part of the prestigious Emaar project in South Dubai, showcases the integration of solar energy for water heating, embodying sustainability in its 300 villas surrounded by lush parks, a golf course, play areas, and swimming pools. 
With daily hot water requirements ranging from 200 to 300 litres, and an annual energy consumption of approximately 3050 kWh, the Ariston brand’s Thermosyphon solar system fulfils the project's needs. This system harnesses free solar energy, minimising reliance on electric heating to less than 25% of total energy usage, ensuring both efficiency and environmental responsibility. 
Solar collectors
The solar collectors cover around 76% of the overall energy consumption significantly reducing CO2 emissions, gas consumption and energy costs. The remaining 24% is covered by the electrical resistances installed in tank of each thermosyphon. 
Additionally, Ariston’s heat pumps have seamlessly integrated into a spectrum of projects across the UAE, spanning from hospitality to commercial and residential properties. These systems harness a thermodynamic cycle to harness ambient heat for water heating, operating with unparalleled energy efficiency whilst significantly reducing greenhouse gas emissions. 
Distinguished installations include the deployment of dual AR-80 WTP water-to-water heat pumps in a labour camp in Dubai South, resulting in substantial annual savings in both energy consumption and expenditure for the establishment. The savings in energy consumption is around 165,000 kWH which is equivalent to around AED 66,000 per year for the client. 
“As Ariston Middle East persists in its contribution towards the UAE’s ecological initiatives, the company reaffirms its unwavering commitment to crafting solutions that not only foster ecological sustainability but also underpin economic prudence for customers who benefit from a reduction of as much as 75% in their energy bills,” added Torner.--TradeArabia News Service