Future Hospitality Summit (FHS) – the hybrid virtual conference developed to explore big ideas and tackle the challenges facing the hospitality industry – has unveiled a comprehensive two-day programme of live stage sessions, networking areas, roundtable discussions, special guest speakers, and more.
The jampacked programme is set to unfold on Ocotber 26 and 27.
Organised by the Ministry of Tourism Saudi Arabia and G20 Saudi Secretariat, as part of the International Conferences Programme, honouring the G20 Saudi presidency year 2020, and powered by Bench Digital – FHS’scarefully curated three-pillar programme will focus on understanding the new landscape, collaborating and assessing opportunities, and innovating to recreate the industry’ future.
An esteemed line-up of more than 100 global industry captains, government leaders, media powerhouses, and innovatorshas been assembled from across the world, including:
• Ahmed Al Khateeb (Minister of Tourism, Saudi Arabia);
• Arne M. Sorenson (President & CEO, Marriott International);
• Barry Sternlicht (Co-Founder, Chairman & CEO of Starwood Capital Group);
• Gloria Guevara Manzo (CEO & President, World Travel & Tourism Council – WTTC);
• Sébastien Bazin (Chairman & CEO, Accor);
• Geoffrey JW Kent(Founder and Co-Chairman, Abercrombie & Kent)
• Khalid Al-Falih (Minister of Investment, Saudi Arabia);
• Alex Cruz (Chairman and CEO, British Airways);
• Christopher J Nassetta (President & CEO, Hilton);
• Arnold W. Donald(President & CEO, Carnival Corporation & PLC);
• Keith Barr (CEO, InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG);
• Alexandre de Juniac (Director General and CEO, International Air Transport Association – IATA); and
• Ritesh Agarwal (Founder & Group CEO, OYO Hotels & Homes
The wide-ranging programme of events is geared towards fostering connection and collaboration within the industry and building trust. It aims to dig deep to establish the most effective ways to build a hospitality sector that is relevant for a post-pandemic world,attractive to tomorrow’s international traveller and consumer, and supportive of entrepreneurs and innovation, in addition to beingsustainable for the global economy and the environment,and attractive to tomorrow’s workforce.
Important topics to be discussed include:
• Insights from the G20 Tourism Ministers’ Meeting
• Optimism, Courage – What it Takes to Lead in a Global Pandemic
• Innovating to Build Trust and Traveller Confidence
• Does Planning for the Next 5 years Make Sense in a Time of Crisis?
• How Will We Attract and Train Future Leaders and Young Talent During and After this Crisis?’
• What Does it Take to Attract New Investments in the Tourism Industry?
• Systemic Approach to Rewiring your Business to a Sustainable Model – How do you Re-think your Entire Business?
• The Role of Innovation and Disruption for the Future of Tourism
Bench Digital will deliver the hybrid virtual conference on a cutting-edge digital event platform – providing a truly immersive and world-class live experience, with the following interactive features:
Reception: All registered attendees will receive a magic link by email shortly before the event goes live. Upon clicking the link, they will land in the Reception area; and the Reception area provides some key guidelines and information for the attendees and also lets them know what sessions are ‘live now’.
Stage: The Main Stage is where the full day’s live stream can be accessed and attendees can watch the sessions, comment, ask questions, and be part of the discussion through the chat function. This area also has live polls, which will be running throughout each day.
Sessions: The Sessions area is where attendees will be able to see which Breakout Sessions are coming up next and which one is live. Attendees can simply click on a Breakout Session and attend. Just like the Main Stage, Breakout Sessions have their own live chat discussions as well. Participation is limited to 500 attendees in each of the Breakout Sessions.
Networking: The ‘Networking’ button launches an area where attendees will be connected for 3-minute networking sessions with others in that area, which is known as speed networking. The networking tool enables attendees to exchange contact information as well. Another way that attendees can network is by clicking on the ‘People’ tab next to the main chat tab. This allows them to search people by name or by company and send private messages – or even invite other attendees for a live video call within the platform.
Insight Hub: In the Insight Hub, FHS will be featuring presentations from a handful of leading intelligence organisations and authorities. Clicking the ‘Insight Hub’ tab will load a tiled library of presentations from various entities, including McKinsey, STR, ForwardKeys, Euromonitor, and more. - TradeArabia News Service