Iflix, a leading subscription video on demand (SVoD) service for emerging markets, has announced the launch of its service in Bahrain.
The iflix Bahrain team hosted an event yesterday at the Malja art space in Amwaj, to introduce members of the media to iflix services.
A presentation by iflix Arabia CEO John Paul McKerlie and iflix Bahrain and Kuwait general manager Bashar Alostad was held at the event.
From today, consumers can sign up for a 30-day free trial via iflix’s website, www.iflix.com, giving them unlimited access to thousands of the world’s best TV shows, movies and more on every device they own, with no credit card required and no obligations, said a statement.
Each iflix subscription includes:
• Unlimited access to iflix’s vast library of thousands of first-run exclusive shows, award-winning TV series, blockbuster movies, popular local and regional content, children’s programs and much more;
• Access to iflix on up to 5 devices at once, including phones, tablets, laptops, desktops, TVs and other connected devices;
• The ability to download TV shows and movies to any phone, tablet or mobile device to binge-watch offline, when not connected to the Internet;
• The ability to share their iflix subscription with family or friends and watch shows on two different devices at the same time.
• One-month unlimited access, and only BD1.5 a month fee after that
Alostad commented: “We are incredibly excited to bring iflix’s world class service to Bahrain. Offering users, a fantastic selection of the best TV shows and movies from all over the world, to stream or download on any device of their choice, iflix is primed to revolutionize the way Bahrainis consume entertainment.”
“We understand that countries differ in culture and what local consumers want in each market is different. We are passionate about creating a service specifically for the needs and interests of Bahrainis. From content to marketing to distribution, our customers are at the core of everything we do,” he added.
With over 170 studio and distributor partnerships, iflix offers subscribers the largest selection of iconic, critically acclaimed TV series and fan-favourite films both internationally and locally available in the region.
iflix’s growing library of exclusive, first run series includes Multi Emmy winning US phenomena Mr. Robot, this year’s smash hits The Cardinal, Ice, Ransom , Ekhtyar Egbari Al Raboos & Al Ab Al Rouhi, and many more, all available for the first time in with local subtitles . Amongst the hundreds of top shows now available on iflix are every episode of Friends, The Walking Dead, Mad Men, Falling Skies, Fargo, in addition to many more of the Lebanese, Syrian and Egyptian Movies and TV series. iflix additionally offers an incredible catalogue of kids’ content, including Yo Gabba Gabba, Milly Molly, Martha Speaks, Ben 10, and much more.
Retail subscriptions for one month of unlimited access to iflix will be priced at BD1.5. Annual subscriptions will receive a 20 per cent discount off the monthly rate and are priced at BD15. – TradeArabia News Service