Asyad’s Group Leadership Team recently hosted a group-wide employee meeting—branded as Majlis Asyad—to showcase the group’s strong performance from the first half of 2019 and outline keynote initiatives for the second half of the year.
The event was attended by 500 employees and stakeholders from across the group, said a statement from the company.
The Majlis, which took place at Oman’s Convention and Exhibition Centre, featured overview presentations on current operations and upcoming plans, as well as a question and answer session for attendees.
The regular event aims to build alignments and synergy through all the operating companies that are part of the Asyad Group.
Outlining key achievements, Abdulrahman Al-Hatmi, Group CEO, commented: “Asyad has delivered rapid growth in the last 6 months due to sales increases and new revenue streams, resulting in an EBITDA growth of 14 per cent and a forecast of 23 per cent growth overall for 2019. I am pleased to say that 2019 is set to deliver our best group financial performance to date.”
Additional highlights announced at the Majlis included:
• Group ports are forecast to see a 27 per cent growth in bulk volumes and 14 per cent growth in container volumes in 2019;
• 2019 FDI investment in the Sohar and Salalah free zones has reached $500 million this year, already surpassing the total amount invested in 2018;
• Oman Drydock Company reached an organisation first, servicing 19 ships in one day;
• 52 million sq m Khazaen Economic City open for business with first international tenants;
• 95 per cent on-time deliveries from Oman Post and 85 per cent positive customer feedback;
• National Ferries Company (NRC) cost reductions of ½ m OMR annually over the last five years while reaching 81 per cent Omanization across the company.
Looking forward to H2 2019, Al Hatmi told participants: “Our strength as a group comes from our integration - sharing in each others’ progress to secure Asyad and the sultanate’s position as a global logistics leader.”
“The upcoming rollout of our Hub Project, connecting freight from ship to last-mile shipment, is a great example of how we are all working together to add new capabilities across the value chain,” Al Hatmi added.
“Another priority for us is the digitisation of all services and the adoption of new technologies such as Big Data AI, IoT and blockchain into our operations – ensuring that Asyad offers one of the most competitive, advanced, efficient and technologically-integrated logistics solutions worldwide,” said.
“Central to all our achievements and plans are our employees, which is why we are implementing group-wide initiatives aimed at developing talent across Asyad - with an initial focus on high-potential (HiPo) employees,” Al Hatmi added.
“I would like to thank my colleagues across the group for their great achievements in H1, and we look forward together to a great H2,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service