A total of 17 UAE-based companies showcased their latest military and security equipment, products and systems developed for all domains, including air, land and sea, under the National Pavilion of the UAE, at the Egypt Defense Exhibition (Edex).
The three-day event which concluded today (December 5) in Cairo, Egypt, and welcomed attendees from the UAE’s biggest defence and security companies.
Sultan Al-Samahi, acting director general of the Emirates Defense Companies Council, said:
“The Emirates National Pavilion, managed by the Emirates Defense Companies Council (EDCC), was an opportunity to promote Made in UAE defence and security productions, exhibiting top quality defence products from 17 national companies including munitions, weaponry, aviation systems for control and communication and many other technologies.”
The key companies that were part of the national pavilion, included:
• ADASI: One of the UAE's leading companies in the field of unmanned systems involved in providing, developing, operating, maintaining and training the best and most advanced system integration services.
• Barij Dynamics: A company specialized in developing precision-guided systems for conventional air munitions used by the UAE and other countries’ armed forces.
• Barij Munitions: A national establishment that focuses on the manufacturing of all ranges of ammunition including small arm ammunitions, infantry, artillery and naval to aircraft munitions.
• Advanced Pyrotechnics (ATP): A company in the UAE that established five top products of which include: The flash and bang, colored and screening smoke, signal cartridges and training devices and non-lethal 40mm ammunition of various effects.
• AMROC: A joint venture company owned by Mubadala Development Company, Sikorsky and Lockheed Martin that aims to provide the best service in maintenance, repair and overhaul of military aircraft for a wide range of fixed and rotary wing aircraft region in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia.
• Abu Dhabi Aviation: The largest helicopter operator in the Middle East and North Africa (Mena) with 51 helicopters and four fixed-wing aircrafts. The company provides marine and gas support services to oil and gas companies offshore and in Abu Dhabi. With plans for expansion, the company currently provides Air Ambulance services, Search & Rescue and mining exploration in Spain, Brazil, Indonesia and Afghanistan.
• Maximus Air: A subsidiary of Abu Dhabi Aviation Group and the largest air cargo operator in the UAE, Shipping & Logistics Air Cargo.
• Emirates Advanced Research & Technology Holding (Earth): An Emirati company specialising in R&D services and sophisticated technical equipment in naval, land and aerospace, as well as unmanned surface vehicles and autonomous surface boats with various defence and commercial uses.
• Calidus: A national company that specializes in aerospace and space technology, offering a wide range of products, advanced technological solutions, engineering designs and other innovative solutions in this field.
• Al Fattan Ship Industry: A manufacturer that develops and manufactures fiberglass boats with proven hull design that is used for commercial purposes and military fast patrol.
• Siham Alkhaleej Technologies: A defense and security joint venture with a wide portfolio of Maritime Defense Systems and Integrated Logistic Support.
• International Golden Group (IGG): A leading supplier of high-end defence and security solutions providing unsurpassed military supplies including tanks, heavy arms and service solutions.
• Rabdan Academy: Governmental academy and world class education institution that coordinates and enhances learning outcomes for organisations and individuals in the safety, security, defence, emergency preparedness and crisis management sectors.
• Tawazun Industrial Park (TIP): A complete industrial area that aims to be a leading epicentre for precision industries. TIP also supports the regional and international defence manufacturing and provides a remarkable infrastructure that serves the defence manufacturing and contributes to industrial growth in the UAE.
• National Shield: The magazine issued by the Directorate of Moral Guidance of the GHQ of the UAE Armed Forces, also participated in the exhibition, displaying several issues, studies and books on military activities and political and economic analysis. – TradeArabia News Service