Travelport launches retail site
Dubai, November 19, 2013
Travelport, a leading distribution services and e-commerce provider for the global travel industry, has launched the beta version of Travelport Marketplace, an online retail site.
The site is designed for Travelport’s customers to browse, discover and access innovative products built both by Travelport and partner developers who are members of the Travelport Developer Network (TDN), said a statement.
“The Marketplace is part of the ongoing evolution of the Travelport Developer Network and the commitment we have to the third party developer community,” said Chris Zando, vice president, Global Partnerships, Alliances & Regional Product Management.
Travelport Marketplace provides TDN members with a marketplace to promote and sell their products and services to 67,000 Travelport-connected agencies globally. A key component of Travelport’s Open Platform strategy, Travelport Marketplace is designed to help developers build innovative products that work in harmony with Travelport technologies and add value to Travelport-connected travel agencies, it said.
“In the future, agencies will find not only companion apps for the company’s leading agency desktops: Travelport Smartpoint and Travelport Universal Desktop, but also a place to discover suitable partners for a broad range of agency IT tools designed to provide improved customer service and create new revenue streams – from internet booking engine providers to mobile app developers,” it said.
According to Phil Donathy, product director, Developer Tools, Travelport, “We want developers to know about Marketplace. We’re asking them to provide input and test-drive our platform. In line with our open ethos, we're sharing a live working product so the developer community can help shape the direction in advance of a commercial launch to Travelport agency customers in 2014.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall