Abu Dhabi woos world's top tour operators
Abu Dhabi, November 3, 2013
Twenty of the world’s top tour operators are being hosted by Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) as part of an intensive campaign to woo them over to the emirate.
The operators – from Italy, the USA, France, UK, China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Germany, India and Australia – are on a five-day destination familiarisation tour of the emirate. Later they will join TCA leaders for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on November 3, said a statement from TCA Abu Dhabi.
The TCA move is part of its strategy to build the next year’s hotel guest arrivals to over the 2.8 million mark – up from this year’s expected 2.5 million.
“These are powerful decision makers within the travel and tourism sector and we want them to fully understand the sheer breadth of our expanded destination offering which has grown exponentially over the past 18 months and is now a vibrant leisure proposition for a diverse target market,” remarked Jasem Al Darmaki, the deputy director general, TCA Abu Dhabi.
The operators include Naar and Idee per Viaggiare of Italy; General Tours and Travel Holdings of the USA; Planet Veo and Directour of France; British Airways Holidays of the UK; Uniway and Wuzhouxing of China; TEZ Tour and Sodis of Russia; Al Tayyar Group and Fursan Leisure of Saudi Arabia; Trust Travels and Cutting Edge Events of India and SportsnetHolidyas and Sun Island Tours of Australia.
“We are leveraging the emirate’s headline event to demonstrate clearly to the tour operators the destination’s assets and attractions and major events credentials,” said Al Darmaki.
“We want to encourage positive word-of-mouth recommendation among these key influencers and build strong relationships going forward,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador