Mövenpick Bahrain 'Best Airport Hotel' in Arabia
Manama, October 31, 2013
Mövenpick Hotel Bahrain will compete for the ‘World’s Best Airport Hotel’ at the 2013 International Hotel Awards, after winning the Arabia region’s five-star award.
The hotel was earlier selected for the Bahrain country award. Mövenpick Hotel Beirut also received the country award as ‘Best Resort in Lebanon’.
The individual country award winners competed for the regional honours at a high-profile gala dinner in Dubai. Mövenpick Hotel Bahrain was announced as the highest-scoring airport hotel in Arabia and will now compete with the regional winners from Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, UK and the Americas for the ‘World’s Best Airport Hotel’ award.
The winner will be announced in November at the 2013 International Final ‘World’s Best’ Hotel Awards, to take place in London.
“We are honoured to accept this five-star award that recognises our efforts to celebrate service excellence. I would like to extend my heartfelt appreciation to our hotel team members for continuously maintaining the highest quality standards,” said Heinz Krähenbühl, general manager of Mövenpick Hotel Bahrain.
The Mövenpick Hotel Bahrain is situated opposite the Bahrain International Airport, facing the impressive Manama-Muharraq Lagoon. The Green Globe certified hotel has 106 rooms and suites, five restaurants and bars, meeting rooms and leisure facilities which include an infinity-edge swimming pool with lagoon views. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights