Etihad to screen live TV channels in-flight
Abu Dhabi, October 30, 2013
UAE’s national airline Etihad Airways is set screen eight live television channels as part of its in-flight entertainment options.
The channels will broadcast live news and sport, including this weekend’s Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
The new live channels include BBC World News, BBC Arabic, euronews and Sport 24, which will be available from November 1. CNBC, Japan’s NHK World Premium and CNN will be introduced during November; and Sky News Arabia will follow in the coming months.
The highlight of the sports coverage are the final three races of the Formula 1 season with the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix to be held on November 3 at Yas Marina Circuit, as well as the US Grand Prix on Sunday on November 17, and the Brazil Grand Prix on November 24.
Peter Baumgartner, chief commercial officer, said: “We are delighted to broadcast this weekend’s Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on many of our aircraft, ensuring that passengers who are flying on race day won’t miss any of the action from Yas Marina Circuit.”
In addition to the Formula 1, passengers can also watch a live sporting action this November including the ATP World Tour Finals, English Premier League and German Bundesliga matches and Euroleague Basketball.
All eight news and sport channels will be available on 21 Etihad Airways wide body aircraft by November 7, which will increase to 37 wide body aircraft by the end of 2014. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn