Etihad to screen live TV channels in-flight
Abu Dhabi, October 30, 2013
UAE’s national airline Etihad Airways is set screen eight live television channels as part of its in-flight entertainment options.
The channels will broadcast live news and sport, including this weekend’s Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
The new live channels include BBC World News, BBC Arabic, euronews and Sport 24, which will be available from November 1. CNBC, Japan’s NHK World Premium and CNN will be introduced during November; and Sky News Arabia will follow in the coming months.
The highlight of the sports coverage are the final three races of the Formula 1 season with the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix to be held on November 3 at Yas Marina Circuit, as well as the US Grand Prix on Sunday on November 17, and the Brazil Grand Prix on November 24.
Peter Baumgartner, chief commercial officer, said: “We are delighted to broadcast this weekend’s Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on many of our aircraft, ensuring that passengers who are flying on race day won’t miss any of the action from Yas Marina Circuit.”
In addition to the Formula 1, passengers can also watch a live sporting action this November including the ATP World Tour Finals, English Premier League and German Bundesliga matches and Euroleague Basketball.
All eight news and sport channels will be available on 21 Etihad Airways wide body aircraft by November 7, which will increase to 37 wide body aircraft by the end of 2014. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion