TripAdvisor launches photo wall campaign
Istanbul, October 23, 2013
TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, today launched its Ultimate Travel Photo Wall, an eight-week campaign showcasing a collection of inspiring TripAdvisor traveller photos that highlight the experiences of contributors across the globe.
From October 22 through December 17, visitors to TripAdvisor can vote for their favourite photos and are also encouraged to share their personal travel experiences by uploading photos of their own, said a statement.
TripAdvisor has partnered with Turkish Airlines, recently designated by the Skytrax 2013 World Airline Awards as “Europe’s Best Airline,” to give away a pair of roundtrip tickets each week of the campaign to any destination Turkish Airlines serves. TripAdvisor visitors may vote daily for a new chance to win each week.
TripAdvisor has selected some of the most impressive images from the more than 14 million candid traveler photos uploaded to the site, and sorted them into eight unique categories reflecting popular photo themes. Once travellers vote on their favourite photos, they can share them with friends and followers on social channels.
“With millions of spectacular photos on TripAdvisor, we’re delighted to showcase these popular snapshots of memorable travel moments from our passionate community,” said Barbara Messing, chief marketing officer at TripAdvisor. “Photos uniquely allow us to relive some of our favorite travel memories and we hope these images inspire travelers to plan their next perfect trip.”- TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn