Dubai heritage season begins
Dubai, October 13, 2013
The inaugural ‘Dubai Heritage & Touristic Season,’ aimed at bringing the city’s heritage to the forefront, has commenced with an extensive array of activities at Al Shindagah historical neighbourhood.
Marking the official activation of the emirate’s historically preserved heritage sites, under the ownership and management of Dubai Culture, the ‘Dubai Heritage & Touristic Season’ will run from October 2013 to April 2014, coinciding with the wealth of heritage events and activities that the authority hosts during the course of the year.
The emirate’s dedicated authority for culture, arts, and heritage, Dubai Culture will host a range of heritage and cultural events, to educate visitors and residents of the UAE’s traditions and customs, said a statement.
Saeed Al Nabouda, acting director general, Dubai Culture & Arts Authority, said: “The authority has established a task force to create a world-class heritage programme that touches upon all the social, economic, and commercial aspects of the UAE.
“The events will emphasise three critical elements of UAE’s heritage including coastal life, creek life, and mountain life, as well as the various lifestyles surrounding these areas. The first array of events under the ‘Dubai Heritage & Touristic Season,’ which will continue until April 2014, will shed light on the ancient history of Dubai, its evolution, and its rich heritage.” – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: touristic |
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand