Turkish Airlines unveils special Kuwait offer
Istanbul, October 6, 2013
Turkish Airlines, the national carrier of Turkey and one of Europe’s leading airline, has announced a special promotion in Kuwait offering up to 50 per cent discount on tickets to Istanbul starting from today to October 19.
This comes as part of new campaign by Turkish Airlines to promote the touristic capital as a top travel destination for GCC travellers, saida statement from the airline.
Building on the continued passenger growth achieved by Turkish Airlines from Kuwait, the promotional airfares start at KD80.25 ($283.5) inclusive of tax and service charges.
The promotion has been launched for advance bookings to Istanbul over the winter months, said a top official.
Murat Bas, the VP (Marketing & Sales) for the Middle East & Cyprus) said: "Turkish Airlines has witnessed tremendous growth from Kuwait, a 68 per cent increase in passenger traffic in the first eight months of this year compared to 2012 and an increase in weekly flights from 14 to 42, connecting passengers from Kuwait to more countries than any other airline."
The new ‘Istanbul Campaign’ offers travellers the award-winning service of Europe’s Best Airline, at a fraction of the cost, and opportunity to experience the magical charm of Istanbul, famed for its historical riches, stunning natural scenery and contemporary lifestyle, he stated.
“Istanbul is increasingly popular as a holiday destination for Gulf residents owing to the unique location of the city. With the flexibility of flights from 33 destinations and less than a four hour flight time from most of the Gulf region, the city is a growing cultural hotspot for enriching city breaks,” remarked Bas.
The limited round trip fares from Kuwait can be booked until October 19 for holidays to and from Istanbul between November 1 and March 31, 2014.
This year, Turkish Airlines marks its milestone 80th anniversary and continues to operate as one of the fastest growing airlines, with connections to 239 destinations across 104 countries.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s