BAC to take part in US aviation event
Manama, October 6, 2013
Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) is participating in a major aviation event in the US which is expected to attract about 3,000 delegates from over 80 countries.
The 19th World Route Development Forum and Exhibition 2013, which opened in Las Vegas, will run till October 8.
BAC’s delegation is aiming to promote the facilities and services available at the airport to the aviation industry and the network with decision-makers from key international airports and airline companies, said a statement.
Mohamed Yousif Al- Binfalah, chief executive officer, said: "We are heading steadily towards achieving our mission of elevating the airport’s infrastructure and maintaining its positioning as a regional aviation hub.”
Bahrain International Airport (BIA), established in the 1930s, was the first international airport to operate in the Arabia Gulf. It caters to 22 airlines flying to 38 destination worldwide and key international cargo carriers also operate from its premises.
“Since its’ inception in 1996, World Routes events have always been an ideal networking platform for the airports industry. We are looking forward to our participation in the event held in the US this year, and we are confident that our visit will lead to rewarding results for BAC and its partners at the BIA Promotional Group,” Al-Binfalah concluded. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria