Gulf Air loyalty programme sees 1m members
Manama, October 4, 2013
One million members have signed up for Gulf Air's frequent flyer programme, FalconFlyer, a report said.
To mark the achievement, the airline yesterday awarded its first member with two complimentary Falcon Gold tickets to any destination on the airline's network at an event held at the airline's headquarters in Muharraq, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Bahraini Saleh Hussain, the first passenger to receive a distinctive falcon emblazoned card 19 years ago, has flown more than 1.5m miles with the national carrier and is now a gold member for life.
"It's our members, including Mr Hussain, that have made FalconFlyer what it is today; one of the leading frequent flyer programmes in the region and I would like to take this opportunity to thank him and our other 999,999 members as we celebrate this significant milestone," said Gulf Air acting chief executive Maher Salman Al Musallam.
FalconFlyer was launched in 1994 and revamped in 2011 with new innovative incentives and benefits including family memberships and special privileges on the ground and in the air. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers