Abu Dhabi tourism focus on GCC
Abu Dhabi, October 1, 2013
Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) has partnered with various stakeholders to host more than 50 leading GCC tour operators, destination management companies and travel professionals, in a major drive to boost regional tourism.
As part of the four-day programme, the delegation visited many of the emirate’s top attractions, including Yas Island, Yas Marina Circuit, Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Abu Dhabi Corniche, Emirates Palace hotel, Arabian Nights, St Regis Abu Dhabi.
They also visited top theme parks - Ferrari World Abu Dhabi and YasWaterworld; and Monte Carlo Beach Club and the capital’s latest high-end retail destination, The Galleria at Sowwah Square.
“We have seen some good hotel guest numbers from the GCC in the first eight months of this year, with across-the-board increases, yet we are far from where we want to be, and we know we have all the right ingredients to be front of mind for GCC travellers when choosing their holiday destination,” said Mubarak Al Nuaimi, director of Promotions and Overseas Offices, TCA Abu Dhabi.
According to TCA Abu Dhabi figures, the emirate welcomed 120,037 GCC hotel guests in the first eight months of the year, up 17 per cent as compared to the same period in 2012. Guest nights rose 19 per cent over the same eight month period year-on-year.
“Yas Island’s continuing evolution as a leading entertainment and lifestyle destination, plus our huge diversity of hotels, apartments and resorts – from desert to sea to city – that are both affordable and cater to every demand as well as more cultural and entertainment attractions put us in a strong position,” added Al Nuaimi.
“Furthermore with the likes of the Fifa Under -17 World Cup, the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and the Al Ain Aerobatic Show, which have strong regional appeal and are being supported by robust travel packaging options, we should see solid uptake for these events from neighbouring countries.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas