Amadeus appoints new GM for Egypt
Cairo, October 1, 2013
Amadeus, a leading technology partner for the global travel industry, has appointed Khaled Gad Elmawla as its general manager in Egypt.
Elmawla has over 25 years of experience in the industry, gained with Amadeus’ strategic partner EgyptAir, said a statement.
In his role, Elmawla will spearhead the overall growth of Amadeus Egypt. He will look to further leverage Amadeus’ partnership with EgyptAir, strengthen relationships with leading agencies and enhance product delivery capabilities with a view to increasing the company’s foothold and reinforcing its position as a leading technology solutions provider in the market.
Antoine Medawar, vice president, Amadeus Mena, said: “Egypt is a critical focus area for Amadeus owing to its sheer size and strategic importance to the Middle East as a whole. Evidently, the market is witnessing significant changes, with trends such as online and mobile paving the way for the future of travel.
“We are confident that Khaled’s exhaustive knowledge of the industry gained through years of experience will support our overall objective to contribute to the growth of the Egyptian travel and tourism sector.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief