JA Resorts appoints new GMs
Dubai, September 29, 2013
UAE-based JA Resorts and Hotels has appointed two experienced international hoteliers to top roles at its Dubai Marina-situated properties, the JA Oasis Beach Tower and JA Ocean View Hotel.
Torsten Obermann has been promoted as general manager at the JA Oasis Beach Tower, while Otto Kurzendorfer will take over the general management reins at the JA Ocean View Hotel.
In their new roles they will have responsibility for the overall day-to-day operations at their respective hotels, besides playing a key role in the development of long-term strategic direction for the properties.
Obermann has more than two decades’ experience in the hospitality sector, and has worked with a list of leading international brands in Germany, the US, and Switzerland.
“Torsten’s promotion to general manager recognises his individual contribution to the overall success of the company,” said David Thomson, chief operating officer.
Kurzendorfer also comes from a food and beverage background with experience across all hotel departments, and a 24-year career spanning several continents and companies with positions in the Bahamas, Germany, Seychelles, Damascus, Qatar, UK and the Chinese main hotel locations, Shanghai and Sanya.
“Otto’s extensive experience in Asia, where he opened several internationally branded hotels, plus his intimate knowledge of JA Resorts and Hotels gained during his time at the JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort and Bateaux Dubai, made him the obvious choice for our new Dubai Marina property,” Thomson added.
As general manager of the newly opened 338-room hotel, Kurzendorfer will focus on building on the property’s initial successes. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador