Etihad in biggest India recruitment drive
Abu Dhabi, September 24, 2013
Etihad Airways said its India recruitment campaign was a huge success with the airline receiving more than 1,000 applications from men and women looking to join its cabin crew division.
The drive, in Bangalore, Mumbai and New Delhi, successfully found the required 200 applicants who will be trained as Etihad Airways cabin crew in advance of the airline’s operational expansion in India in December 2013, said a sttaement from the Abu Dhabi carrier.
Etihad recently announced it will increase flight frequencies, and introduce wide-bodied aircraft to India for the first time, with greater expansion set for 2014.
Chief operations officer Richard Hill said: "India will play an increasingly central part in the expansion of Etihad and we are delighted that so many men and women are keen to join our ranks as members of cabin crew."
“There are already nearly 4,000 cabin crew flying aboard Etihad Airways aircraft. They enjoy comprehensive training, development, and career opportunities, and we look forward to welcoming new Indian colleagues as we enter this exciting new phase of growth,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests