Flydubai launches flights to Krasnodar
Krasnodar, September 24, 2013
Flydubai’s inaugural flight to Krasnodar touched down this weekend opening the first direct air link between the Russian city and Dubai.
With the addition of Krasnodar, the airline now operates to seven destinations in Russia and more than 65 destinations around the world.
Flight FZ983 took off at 2320hrs on Friday 20 September from Terminal 2 of Dubai International Airport and arrived in Krasnodar on Saturday 21 September at 0330hrs local time. The aircraft was greeted by a water cannon salute.
Flydubai’s chief executive officer Ghaith Al Ghaith said: “We are delighted to become the first UAE national carrier to offer direct flights to Krasnodar. This launch underlines flydubai’s commitment to connecting underserved markets and the importance of the Russian market for us. We hope that the opening of a direct air link will boost tourism from the Middle East to the wider Krasnodarskiy Krai region, with its beautiful resorts and opportunities for business.”
In October, Yekaterinburg will be the first Russian destination to offer flydubai’s new Business Class, with Krasnodar offering the premium service early next year.
“Krasnodar is an economically active city and we expect there to be high demand for business travel. With the introduction of Business Class, passengers will have access to faster check-in services, comfortable and specious seating, world-class in-flight entertainment and a variety of internationally-inspired menus during their journey,” added Al Ghaith.
Leonid Sergeev, general director of Basel Aero Airport Holding Group, stated: “We are happy to welcome flydubai at Krasnodar International Airport. With the opening of direct flights to Dubai, Krasnodar will now be connected to one of largest hubs in the Middle East with over 200 destinations spanning from Australia to South America.
"We expect that residents of Krasnodar Krai will experience the benefits of this new route and that the cooperation with flydubai will have a positive effect on the development of our airport.”
Flydubai commenced its operations to Russia in October 2010. Samara and Yekaterinburg, flydubai’s first Russian destinations, were launched in 2010 with operations to Kazan and Ufa following in 2011. Earlier this year, flydubai commenced flights from Dubai to Mineralnye Vody and Volgograd. Rostov-on-Don will join the network by the end of next month.
Residents of Krasnodar Krai will now be able to travel directly to Dubai to experience its luxury hotels and shopping malls; world famous restaurants, the tallest man-made structure in the world, the skyscraper Burj Khalifa, as well as its clean beaches and desert landscapes.
The airline’s network of 66 destinations covers more than 30 countries in the Middle East, the GCC, Africa, Europe, the Caucasus and Central Asia.
Flights between Krasnodar and Dubai will operate twice a week. The flight duration is 4 hours and 10 minutes from Dubai to Krasnodar. The flight duration on flights from Krasnodar to Dubai is 3 hours and 55 minutes. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers