Financing platform launched for aircraft purchases
Dubai, September 24, 2013
Novus Aviation Capital, a leading aircraft leasing and financing platform, in partnership with the Development Bank of Japan and Airbus has established Tamweel Aviation Finance (TAF) in Dubai.
The new enterprise has been set up to facilitate the funding of aircraft acquisitions, providing secured junior and mezzanine loans to airlines for all Airbus aircrafts, with a focus on the twin-aisle segment, including the A380. TAF will be managed by Dubai-based Novus Aviation Capital.
Novus executive vice president Mounir Kuzbari said: “TAF has been set up in response to a rapidly changing aircraft financing environment, with new investors and lenders becoming attracted to the stable and attractive returns that have been generated by commercial aircraft assets over an extended period.”
“TAF will bring additional liquidity, particularly on long range aircraft, to our customer airlines whose order books continue to grow.” said Nigel Taylor, Airbus senior VP - Customer, Project and Structured Finance.
Hani Kuzbari added that TAF’s role is compatible with a range of formats, including commercial senior financings, operating leases, capital markets and tax structures. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley
- Air freight volumes to grow 17pc in 5 years
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- UAE group to open Seychelles resort