Sharjah show to unveil kitchen technologies
Sharjah, September 16, 2013
New kitchen technologies and equipment is set to be showcased for the regional hospitality and catering industry at an exhibition to be held in Sharjah.
The inaugural Kitchen and Technology Middle East Exhibition will be held alongside the OIC Halal Middle East Exhibition and Congress from December 16 to 18 at the Expo Centre Sharjah.
The hotel and hospitality market in the UAE is forecast to grow at double-digit rates a year for the next four years, dramatically outpacing growth in the overall economy, pointing to a rise in demand for specialised requirements for food storage, preparation and handling technologies and products, said a statement.
“It is a known fact that about half of the hospitality sector’s revenues in the region comes from the food and beverage service segment," said Said Mohammed Al Midfa, CEO, Expo Centre Sharjah.
"The exhibtion will provide the sector a great opportunity to source cutting-edge, innovative kitchen technology to dish out delicacies to a multi-ethnic population and millions of tourists who arrive in the country,” he added.
The show will also feature the ‘Chefs’ Corner,’ a live-demo and activity area that will inform and educate chefs and kitchen equipment buyers on the latest technology and must-haves. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments