Sharjah show to unveil kitchen technologies
Sharjah, September 16, 2013
New kitchen technologies and equipment is set to be showcased for the regional hospitality and catering industry at an exhibition to be held in Sharjah.
The inaugural Kitchen and Technology Middle East Exhibition will be held alongside the OIC Halal Middle East Exhibition and Congress from December 16 to 18 at the Expo Centre Sharjah.
The hotel and hospitality market in the UAE is forecast to grow at double-digit rates a year for the next four years, dramatically outpacing growth in the overall economy, pointing to a rise in demand for specialised requirements for food storage, preparation and handling technologies and products, said a statement.
“It is a known fact that about half of the hospitality sector’s revenues in the region comes from the food and beverage service segment," said Said Mohammed Al Midfa, CEO, Expo Centre Sharjah.
"The exhibtion will provide the sector a great opportunity to source cutting-edge, innovative kitchen technology to dish out delicacies to a multi-ethnic population and millions of tourists who arrive in the country,” he added.
The show will also feature the ‘Chefs’ Corner,’ a live-demo and activity area that will inform and educate chefs and kitchen equipment buyers on the latest technology and must-haves. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn