Ziyad Bin Mahfouz
Elaf renews partnership with Biman Airlines
Jeddah, September 12, 2013
Jeddah-based Elaf Group, a leader in travel, tourism and hospitality services, has renewed its partnership agreement with Biman Airlines, the national carrier of Bangladesh, as its general sales agent for three years.
The agreement was recently signed by Mohammad Shah Newaz, director for Marketing and Sales, Biman Bangladesh Airlines, and Mahfooz Husain, vice president for Finance, Elaf, in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Under the terms of the agreement, Elaf Group will continue to serve as Biman Bangladesh Airlines' general sales agent for the western region of Saudi Arabia, handling marketing, operations and reservations.
The partnership dates back to 1998 when Biman Bangladesh Airlines named Elaf Aviation as its GSA for Saudi Arabia. Since then, the national carrier has witnessed an increased market share for flights covering the Bangladesh to Saudi western region route, a statement said.
Ziyad Bin Mahfouz, CEO of Elaf Group said: “We are proud to announce the renewal of our strategic partnership with Biman Bangladesh Airlines. This is testament to Biman Airlines’ continued trust and confidence in Elaf Aviation’s ability to successfully market their services.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 80 flights cancelled at London airports over fog
- Etihad mulls investment in Alitalia
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official