Ziyad Bin Mahfouz
Elaf renews partnership with Biman Airlines
Jeddah, September 12, 2013
Jeddah-based Elaf Group, a leader in travel, tourism and hospitality services, has renewed its partnership agreement with Biman Airlines, the national carrier of Bangladesh, as its general sales agent for three years.
The agreement was recently signed by Mohammad Shah Newaz, director for Marketing and Sales, Biman Bangladesh Airlines, and Mahfooz Husain, vice president for Finance, Elaf, in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Under the terms of the agreement, Elaf Group will continue to serve as Biman Bangladesh Airlines' general sales agent for the western region of Saudi Arabia, handling marketing, operations and reservations.
The partnership dates back to 1998 when Biman Bangladesh Airlines named Elaf Aviation as its GSA for Saudi Arabia. Since then, the national carrier has witnessed an increased market share for flights covering the Bangladesh to Saudi western region route, a statement said.
Ziyad Bin Mahfouz, CEO of Elaf Group said: “We are proud to announce the renewal of our strategic partnership with Biman Bangladesh Airlines. This is testament to Biman Airlines’ continued trust and confidence in Elaf Aviation’s ability to successfully market their services.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn