Qatar Airways in key BA partnership deal
Doha, September 9, 2013
Qatar Airways has announced an immediate partnership with British Airways (BA) between the airlines' frequent flyer programmes, said a report.
Qatar Airways Privilege Club members and British Airways Executive Club members are now able to earn miles, and can begin redeeming miles as of October 1 on each other's flights.
"The benefit partnering with British Airways brings to our customers is the added opportunity to earn Qmiles," said Qatar Airways chief executive Akbar Al Baker, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"The Frequent Flyer Programme partnership also give British Airways customers an opportunity to attain credit for destinations throughout the entire Qatar Airways network," stated Al Baker.
"Passengers for both airline travelling to and from the UK, Africa, Australia and Asia now have more flexibility and frequency when they route trip through Doha as Qatar Airways flies five flights daily to London Heathrow Airport," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines 'set to rake in $2.4bn in profits'
- Gulf Air launches flights to Sialkot
- Qatar Airways raises Colombo flight capacity
- GCC takes on the Caribbean in big cruise tourism war
- Etihad finace head wins top award
- Turkish Airlines boosts Africa network
- New Holiday Inn hotel opens in Mauritius
- Abu Dhabi Aviation to get latest Bell helicopter
- Gulf Hotels Group plans new spa complex
- Starwood joins hands with Bentley