Hilton appoints 4 GMs for Egypt operations
Cairo, September 8, 2013
Hilton Worldwide has appointed four general managers to its hotel operations teams in Alexandria, Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh and Nuweiba in Egypt.
The new general managers are Ehab Barghouth for Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, Michail Michail for Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, and Mehdi Othmani for Hilton Hurghada Plaza.
Meanwhile, Magdy Metwally, currently the general manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams, will take on responsibility for additional two properties as cluster general manager for three properties including Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort and Hilton Nuweiba Coral Resort.
Christian Muhr, vice president of operations, Hilton Worldwide Egypt and Levant, said: “Hilton Worldwide warmly welcomes these four recent appointments and I am thrilled to have several fresh faces and new beginnings. The announcement comes at a challenging time but we remain firmly committed to Egypt and to the markets in which we operate as well as to the continual improvement of hotel and guest services.”
Barghouth, who joined Hilton Worldwide in 2008, was formerly regional director of revenue for Hilton Worldwide Egypt and Levant before moving into operations.
Michail joins Hilton with over 25 years hotel and hospitality experience and a strong background in Egypt.
Ohmani joins Hilton Worldwide with over 15 years hotel experience in Egypt including Taba and El Quseir.
Metwally, who joined Hilton Worldwide in 1992, has held a number of hotel operational and management positions across Egypt. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head