Hilton appoints 4 GMs for Egypt operations
Cairo, September 8, 2013
Hilton Worldwide has appointed four general managers to its hotel operations teams in Alexandria, Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh and Nuweiba in Egypt.
The new general managers are Ehab Barghouth for Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, Michail Michail for Hilton Hurghada Long Beach Resort, and Mehdi Othmani for Hilton Hurghada Plaza.
Meanwhile, Magdy Metwally, currently the general manager at Hilton Sharm Dreams, will take on responsibility for additional two properties as cluster general manager for three properties including Hilton Sharm Dreams Resort, Hilton Sharm El Sheikh Fayrouz Resort and Hilton Nuweiba Coral Resort.
Christian Muhr, vice president of operations, Hilton Worldwide Egypt and Levant, said: “Hilton Worldwide warmly welcomes these four recent appointments and I am thrilled to have several fresh faces and new beginnings. The announcement comes at a challenging time but we remain firmly committed to Egypt and to the markets in which we operate as well as to the continual improvement of hotel and guest services.”
Barghouth, who joined Hilton Worldwide in 2008, was formerly regional director of revenue for Hilton Worldwide Egypt and Levant before moving into operations.
Michail joins Hilton with over 25 years hotel and hospitality experience and a strong background in Egypt.
Ohmani joins Hilton Worldwide with over 15 years hotel experience in Egypt including Taba and El Quseir.
Metwally, who joined Hilton Worldwide in 1992, has held a number of hotel operational and management positions across Egypt. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador