Qatar Airways raises baggage allowance
Manama, September 6, 2013
Passengers flying Qatar Airways routes worldwide have received enhanced baggage allowances with effect from the start of this month.
Economy weight allowances have increased from 23kg to 30kg while business and first class have each increased from 30kg and 40kg to 40kg and 50kg respectively, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The number of bags remains the same and dependent on the type of ticket purchased. The increased weight allowance does not apply when travelling to points that are regulated by per-piece allowance.
"Revising our standard baggage allowance comes at a time when the number of destinations we fly is increasing and our global reach is broadening," said Qatar Airways chief executive Akbar Al Baker.
Passengers who made the onward leg of their journey prior to September 1 will be able to take advantage of the increased baggage allowance on their return trip, if travel is later.
The airline said excess baggage rates have also increased from the same date. Passengers will be able to purchase excess baggage at discounted rates of up to 20 per cent on qatarairways.com. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers