Qatar Airways raises baggage allowance
Manama, September 6, 2013
Passengers flying Qatar Airways routes worldwide have received enhanced baggage allowances with effect from the start of this month.
Economy weight allowances have increased from 23kg to 30kg while business and first class have each increased from 30kg and 40kg to 40kg and 50kg respectively, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The number of bags remains the same and dependent on the type of ticket purchased. The increased weight allowance does not apply when travelling to points that are regulated by per-piece allowance.
"Revising our standard baggage allowance comes at a time when the number of destinations we fly is increasing and our global reach is broadening," said Qatar Airways chief executive Akbar Al Baker.
Passengers who made the onward leg of their journey prior to September 1 will be able to take advantage of the increased baggage allowance on their return trip, if travel is later.
The airline said excess baggage rates have also increased from the same date. Passengers will be able to purchase excess baggage at discounted rates of up to 20 per cent on qatarairways.com. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria