Dubai to be N0 1 airport next year
Dubai, September 5, 2013
The ongoing expasion at the Dubai International Airport will help make the hub the word’s busiest airport by next year, the Emirates airline chairman was quoted as saying by a Bloomberg report.
Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum said the the expansion would accommodate more of Emirates' Airbus A380 planes.
“We are going according to plan to accommodate all A380s,” he said in Dubai. “Hopefully within one year from now we would be No. 1,” he said.
Dubai International Airport traffic reached about 57.7 million passengers in 2012.
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments