Nasair gets new “Sharklet” A320s
Riyadh, September 4, 2013
Nasair, a leading low-cost airline in Saudi Arabia, said it has received four additional Airbus A320 aircraft with 'Sharklet' specifications, thus becoming the third carrier in the Middle East to receive this type of aircraft.
Announcing this on Wednesday, CEO Raja Azmi said: “To date, nasair has received 8 A320s from a total of 10 scheduled to be delivered this year.
These new aircraft were immediately put into service, as part of the company’s direction to expand its fleet and network to remain the airline of choice for passengers inside and outside the Kingdom.”
"We are pleased that nasair is the third airline in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia to operate this type of aircraft which is equipped with the latest Winglet technology “Sharklet”. This aircraft is designed to reduce both fuel consumption and carbon emissions,” he added.
Established in 2007, nasair has carried more than 12 million passengers since its launch, thus demonstrating customer confidence during a very short time. The airline operates more than 950 per week via more than 88 domestic and international routes..-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route