Mercator’s Avantik fuels Jet Asia expansion plans
Bangkok, September 4, 2013
Mercator Asia, a Dubai-based IT solutions provider to the global air travel industry, is set to provide its passenger services system Avantik to Jet Asia Airways.
The Thailand-based airline specialises in scheduled and charter flights to Japan, South Korea and China.
Moving away from the traditional charter model with the introduction of scheduled services, Jet Asia is outgrowing its current passenger services system and opting for a more flexible, web-based booking engine, with access to numerous sales distribution channels.
Mercator Asia in Bangkok will assist the airline with its sales and distribution channels, enabling its customers to book online. It will also support its existing daily operations including customer check-in and departure control and future operations as it seeks to expand its network.
“Our dedicated team has a deep understanding of the challenges facing airlines as they expand and grow. Our technologies are designed to provide support as their operations continue to scale in size. Jet Asia Airways joins our fast growing family of Thai carriers using Avantik,” said Roland Heller, chief executive officer, mercator Asia.
“Jet Asia aspires to add new destinations as part of our plan to grow, especially with the increasing demand for regional travel in the Asian market,” said Jacob Saba, president Jet Asia Airways. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad announces new appointments
- Etihad expands India operations
- UAE hotel group launches Abu Dhabi project
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct