Etihad, SR Technics in long-term deal
Zurich, September 3, 2013
UAE’s national airline Etihad Airways and SR Technics, part of the Mubadala Aerospace MRO network, have signed a deal to extend and deepen their existing cooperation.
SR Technics will continue to provide a full suite of Integrated Component Services (ICS) for the airline’s Airbus A320, A330 and A340 fleets until 2023.
Additionally, the company will extend its services to cover the Boeing 777 fleet. The new contract covers all of Etihad’s current 72 aircraft and future deliveries of the same type.
This cornerstone agreement provides a volume of approximately $350 million and will include SR Technics’ first entry into ICS services for Boeing 777 aircraft.
Sanad Aero Solutions, Mubadala Aerospace’s spare engine and component financing and leasing company, is closely involved through a sale and leaseback solution for rotable component spares that was previously announced as part of a separate 10-year agreement.
André Wall, president of SR Technics, said: “The expanded ICS agreement is the result of SR Technics’ proven performance over recent years. We are very pleased to strengthen our relationship with Etihad Airways focusing on seamless solutions along the aircraft value chain, and to grow our strategic partnership still further in the future.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- WTO in deal to promote adventure travel
- Iata cuts global airline profit forecast to $18.7bn
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s