Bahrain Airport Services clears key safety audit
Manama, September 3, 2013
Bahrain Airport Services (BAS) has announced it has cleared the biannual IATA Safety Audit in Ground Operations (ISAGO) for certification renewal purposes.
ISAGO is an audit system conducted in a standardised and consistent manner using internationally recognised quality auditing principles.
The adoption of these standards and recommended practices aims to improve operational safety and drastically reduce ground incidents and injuries.
"The determination and collective effort of all involved in the preparation and attendance of the audit has made it possible to complete it," BAS chief executive George Saounatsos said.
The audit covered more than 400 standards required in processes and procedures implemented by BAS, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
These were in the areas of organisation and management, operational safety and security, quality assurance, training, emergency response, airside supervision, passenger handling, baggage handling, aircraft handling and loading, aircraft ground movement, load control, cargo and mail handling and ground support equipment management.-TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- 25 countries set for Bahrain airshow
- Air Arabia launches all new website
- Abu Dhabi plans permanent cruise terminal
- ME to top global air passenger demand
- Britain eases visas rules for Emiratis
- Travelport-Hertz workshops update travel firms
- Airbus confirms $4.4bn Kuwait Airways order
- Emirates names key commercial ops official
- Bahrain airport parking is streamlined
- Etihad announces new appointments