Etihad appoints new Seychelles manager
Abu Dhabi, August 29, 2013
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has appointed Salem Al Mesmari as its new airport manager in Seychelles.
Based in Mahé, Al Mesmari is responsible for overseeing the airline’s operations at Seychelles International Airport and the smooth operation of its three times a week service between the Seychelles and Abu Dhabi.
Al Mesmari, an Emirati national, joined the airline in 2008 under the Graduate Management Development Program, and spent two years working in various roles at the airline’s headquarters, and in operations at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
He also built up his experience of airport operations with postings to a number of outstations across the airline’s fast growing global network, including Casablanca, Almaty, Alexandria, Doha and Malé, in the Maldives.
Chris Youlten, vice president, Network Operations, said: “Salem has a strong understanding of airport operations which will serve Etihad Airways well in the Seychelles. His ability to perform consistently and to the highest standards expected by the airline across a truly diverse range of airports over the past two years ensures that Salem is ideally positioned for his new role as Airport Manager in Mahé.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers