UK firm confirms merger talks with DAE
London, August 27, 2013
British aircraft services company BBA Aviation confirmed talks to merge with parts of Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE), and said it had bought US firm Maguire Aviation for $69 million.
BBA's shares opened 6 percent higher on Tuesday after it said talks with Dubai government-owned DAE were at a preliminary stage.
Its statement came after a Sunday Times report, citing no sources, said that BBA was in talks with DAE-owned StandardAero over a 2.7 billion pound ($4.21 billion) merger.
StandardAero, a US-based engine repair and maintenance business, confirmed the talks on Monday.
BBA Aviation, which specialises in servicing business jets, said its acquisition of Maguire Aviation at Van Nuys airport in Los Angeles is expected to be accretive to earnings in the first year of ownership. - Reuters
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall