Bahrain sees high air passenger traffic over Eid
Manama, August 22, 2013
Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) has reported an increased passenger movement during the Eid Al Fitr break.
During the period, the airport received over 164,000 passengers - embarking, disembarking and in transit, said a statement.
Based on the annual trend, the travel movement significantly increases at Bahrain International Airport (BIA) during the festive season, with numbers starting to increase three days prior to Eid, it said.
Vice president of Airport Operations Mohammed Mohamed Thamir Al Kaabi related the increase to Ramadan falling during the summer vacations.
Al Kaabi confirmed that the vast majority of passengers boarded on flights heading to Dubai, Doha and Kuwait. As for international destinations, the Far East countries, Turkey, and European destinations such as London, Frankfurt, Amsterdam, and Washington have proven popular this season.
BAC is the authority responsible for operating and managing the BIA and is responsible for elevating the airport’s infrastructure and services. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief
- Best Western opens in Thailand
- Emirates launches Kabul route
- Ayla appoints new HR director
- Cavotec to showcase new GSE at Kuwait forum
- Flynas to launch Madinah hub
- Kuwait Airways may issue bonds to fund Airbus deal
- Emirates launches longest A380 flight
- Abu Dhabi hotels see guest nights soar 26pc