Etihad in bid to boost UK tourists to UAE
Abu Dhabi, August 22, 2013
Etihad Holidays, a division of Etihad Airways, is launching tourism offers in the UK, designed to cater for growing demand from one of the airline’s key global markets.
An extensive range of Etihad Holidays packages in the UAE are now available, supporting the airline’s aim to bring greater business and leisure travellers to Abu Dhabi and the other emirates.
UK travellers can now purchase packages at a full range of hotels in Abu Dhabi city, Saadiyat Island, and Yas Island, with a full range of tours and excursions including desert safaris, the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, as well as boat and ferry trips.
The UK is Etihad Holidays’ first venture outside the Middle East, reflecting its growing expertise in providing customers with the ideal package of accommodation, excursions, transfers and Etihad Airways flights.
The new operation provides secure, seamless and fully dynamic online booking of holiday packages and exclusive offers at the new website etihadholidays.co.uk.
Peter Baumgartner, Etihad Airways’ chief commercial officer, said: “Etihad Holidays has expanded considerably in our home market and regionally, with popular retail centres across the UAE and preferred distribution partnerships in the Middle East.”
“It is a proud moment to now take our established Holidays brand internationally to further boost growing tourism numbers into Abu Dhabi and the UAE and to ensure a growing market can benefit from our attractive range of packages.
“Etihad Airways has a strong customer base in the UK, using our three times a day service from Heathrow and double daily from Manchester as well as regions served by our codeshare partners, so the international expansion of our Holidays operation to this market makes perfect sense,” he added.
In addition to holidays in the UAE, UK customers can now purchase more than 300 breaks in China, Malaysia, Maldives, Oman, Seychelles, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam, with the choice set to expand further in the coming months. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Gulf Hotels plans $132m waterfront property in Dubai
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog