Gulf Air wins green signal for Pakistan ops
Manama, August 22, 2013
Gulf Air, the national carrier of Bahrain, has been awarded flight operating rights to five major airports in Pakistan including Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar and Sialkot.
This came after a meeting between Transportation Ministry's Civil Aviation Affairs acting under-secretary Ahmed Nemat Ali and a visiting delegation from Pakistan's civil aviation authority, headed by Amjad Ali Toor, according to a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Ali said that this achievement would benefit the kingdom's national carrier's current and future operational plans in regard to key destinations in Pakistan which serve as hubs for the Indian Sub-continent.
He emphasised the longstanding historical relationship between Bahrain and Pakistan in the field of aviation services.
This goes back to the early 1970s when an air transport agreement was first signed between the two countries, giving national carrier Gulf Air the opportunity to launch its first flight to Karachi International Airport. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit