RAK Airways lands first flight in Amman
Amman, August 20, 2013
The first Ras Al Khaimah-based RAK Airways flight landed at the Queen Alia International Airport (QAIA) in Amman recently.
It was welcomed by a traditional water arch salute carried out by the Fire Brigade at the Civil Defense Directorate, said Airport International Group (AIG) – the Jordanian company responsible for the rehabilitation, expansion and operation of QAIA.
The airline is scheduled to operate four flights a week from Ras Al Khaimah to Amman.
“We are very pleased to be welcoming the first flight from RAK Airways,” said Kjeld Binger, CEO of AIG.
RAK Airways now operates 11 routes and has revealed ambitious plans to reach 40 destinations by 2015. The recent two launches to two capitals – Islamabad and Amman - mark the airline’s first two destination launches in 2013. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Jordan passenger traffic up 14pc
- Self-service check-in soon at Kuwait airport
- Gulf Air launches flight to Al Maktoum airport
- Jazeera Airways tops on-time performance
- Jumeirah inks Oman luxury resort deal
- Ritz unveils big Qatar National Day offer
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion