Tourism summer camp begins in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, August 20, 2013
Abu Dhabi’s annual Tourism Youth Summer Camp series has got under way with over 60 Emirati students, aged between 15 and 17.
The three-week programme has been organised by the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Dhabi) in conjunction with the European International College (EIC).
The students, a mix of both boys and girls, will take part in workshops designed to boost their awareness of the tourism industry and its economic, social and environmental impacts; embark on field trips to better acquaint them with Abu Dhabi’s expanding tourism offering and participate in team building exercises to develop their interpersonal skills.
“You are the next generation of tourism ambassadors for Abu Dhabi,” the youngsters were told by TCA Abu Dhabi’s Fatima Al Mehli, industry awareness executive.
“During the coming weeks you’ll discover the breadth and outreach of the tourism industry and the future career paths open to you. Please make the most of this opportunity to learn and to also have fun in what should be an unforgettable and enriching summer.”
Among the field trips scheduled are fact-finding visits to Yas Island’s assets, tours of Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, the Zayed Centre, Abu Dhabi Pearl Journey, the St. Regis Saadiyat Island and the Manarat Al Saadiyat exhibition centre. - TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn
- Airbus orders more frequent A380 checks
- Dubai Mall stand offers air safety tips
- Elaf Group plans new hotel in Makkah
- UPDATE: Abu Dhabi airport starts operation
- Qatar Airways mulls options on 3 extra A380s
- RAK features 9 travel firms at ITB Berlin
- Etihad names Patrick Vieira guest ambassador
- Lufthansa to offer Premium Economy Class
- Ras Al Khaimah TDA appoints new CEO
- Abu Dhabi flights hit by 'technical failure'
- Egypt urges Germany to ease travel advisory
- Qatar Airways to get 3 A380s in June
- Paramount eyes expansion in region
- All EU citizens exempt from pre-entry UAE visas
- Sofitel to open in Downtown Dubai
- Women’s role in aviation focus for summit
- Turkish, Singapore Airlines expand codeshare
- Global air passenger traffic up 7.8pc in Jan
- Hilton to open 41-storey hotel in Pearl-Qatar
- Graffiti area at the Great Wall
- Dubai hotels welcome 11m guests
- Wyndham signs for 4th hotel in Turkey
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- IFA Hotels unveils fresh brand identity
- Turkish Airlines launches Rotterdam flights
- RJ to operate Amman-Kuwait twice daily
- JCDecaux unveils digital screens at Dubai airport
- EU awaits surge in UAE corporate travellers