Qatar Airways to fly Dreamliner on India routes
Manama, August 20, 2013
Qatar Airways has announced plans to extend its Boeing 787 Dreamliner route network to India with the launch of services to and from Delhi and Bangalore starting on September 1.
The introduction of the state-of-the-art Dreamliner promises the airlines' passengers with an unparalleled level of service, comfort and travel experience, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
"In line with our commitment to offer our passengers the most exceptional travel experience, we are delighted to introduce Qatar Airways' Dreamliner on two of our important Indian routes," said Qatar Airways chief executive Akbar Al Baker.
"The introduction of our Dreamliner service provides our passengers with an unbeatable level of service and comfort besides reiterating our firm belief in the 787s unrivalled capabilities and the value it will add to Qatar Airways' plans to continue delivering on its promise of quality," he added.
India remains a key market for Qatar Airways having an extensive route network offering 95 passenger flights non-stop each week from 12 gateway cities to Doha.
Currently, Indian operations cover daily services to Doha from Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Thiruvananthapuram, Chennai and Bangalore, together with 11-flights-a-week from Kochi and double daily flights from Delhi.
Flights from India connect via Doha to popular cities in Qatar Airways' global network including London, New York, Montreal, Washington, Dubai, Nairobi, Paris, Frankfurt and Oslo. – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Yas Island targets German tourist trade
- Sharq Doha unveils Al Dana Garden
- Beacon technology 'ideal' to aviation industry
- Emergency drill to take place at Amman airport
- JA Resorts to launch high-end resort In Maldives
- $5.3bn hotel projects coming up in Saudi
- Hilton appoints new GM for Alexandria hotel
- Air Arabia opens new sales office in Bahrain
- Lufthansa aims high with 'First Class' service
- Emirates launches new service to Boston
- Dubai Airports 'powers down' for green initiative
- City Seasons opens 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi
- Etihad alert on fog
- Bahrain F1 visa procedures issued
- Oman Air appoints GSA for Turkey
- $40bn investment in Gulf airports likely
- Celebrity chef to open restaurant at InterContinental
- FRHI appoints wellness vice president
- Dubai, Abu Dhabi hotels top performance
- Malaysia Airlines jet presumed crashed, 239 onboard
- BA rolls out special Mother's Day fares
- Etihad says majority of stranded passengers sent home
- Malaysian jet search team spots 'column of smoke'
- Turkish Airlines revenue surges 27pc in 2013
- GCC airlines defend female cabin crew policies
- Malaysian flight 'presumed crashed' over China
- Qatar Airways likely to buy more A380s
- Malaysia Airlines jet goes missing over China
- Etihad in move to clear flights backlog
- Tourism industry emerges from downturn