BA appoints news sales manager
Amman, August 19, 2013
British Airways has appointed Mike Rock as the new sales manager for Central Asia and the Levant, consolidating the airline’s commitment to the region following its return to Jordan.
As part of his new role, Rock will be managing the British Airways sales teams across Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Lebanon and Jordan, overseeing sales and supporting the airline’s growth in the region.
As sales manager for the region, Mike will be responsible for developing tailored solutions for corporate travellers, special sales offers for the region, while at the same time building the airline’s relationship with local travel agent partners.
Paolo de Renzis, area commercial manager for the Middle East and Central Asia, said: “Mike’s experience serving as commercial implementation manager for Europe and Africa, as well as Korea, means that he brings extensive knowledge of British Airways’ commercial operations from across our network.
“Our Amman flights are doing very well and with the region presenting a large growth opportunity for British Airways, there couldn’t be a better time for Mike to join the team.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Travel, Tourism & Hospitality Stories
- Mideast airlines top global traffic growth in Oct
- Travelport appoints online business head
- Saudi cargo plane veers off runway in Nigeria
- Gulf Air launches loyalty promotion
- Hala Abu Dhabi launches tours, safaris
- Kenya starts work on $654m airport project
- Gulf Air wins top eContent award
- Dubai fund ICD buys landmark Atlantis hotel
- Qatar Airways to launch Dallas/Fort Worth route
- Ritz-Carlton Bahrain appoints new sales chief